Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Non-Fat Chai Latte

The good news is that even without a kitchen countertop and accompanying percolating coffee pot -- there's a Starbucks around the corner.

Little did I know that my morning beverage would also attempt to make me ponder. Printed on the side of my venti cup-a-joe, was this:

"True story. Recently, I eavesdropped on a conversation between two twenty-something employees at a local Starbucks. I listened as the barista mused about his taste in music. Then the cashier asked him if he had ever heard the song "Strawberry Fields Forever." After a pause, the barista answered, "No, can't say I ever heard that one before." That's when I knew there really was such a thing as a generation gap." -- Mary Chapin Carpenter

I'm putting all age-related thoughts on hold. For now, I just want to listen to "Down at the Twist and Shout".

No comments: