Pages

Friday, August 26, 2005

A Thousand Words

Well I can't remember
But it still makes me laugh
When I see us together
In a photograph

Charlie Robison. Texas alt icon. Twangy, touchable lyrics. Down-home truth strummed -- eloquently or not -- with a twist of addictive sarcasm.

I've got my own picture. It's above my dresser. In my bedroom. Adorned with a strand of pearl-ey JazzFest beads. Gold, gilded, antique, over-sized frame. Miniature photo. And it's one of my favorites.

I'm two, maybe three. Having what appears to be tea out of pink and white porcelain cups with my mother's grandmother. Malin. My name-sake. It's summer. I'm holding a hat over my head -- possibly the first iteration of the happy dance.

Makes me smile every morning.

Moral of the story: find your photograph.

No comments: